Adoption Is A Fantastic Option

Adoption is a great option for those who want to grow their family by bringing in a child or children. I had never seriously considered adopting a child until recently, when I met Kate and her husband, who have decided to build their family through adoption. Kate and Mike believe that everyone can help to make the world a better place, and they are committed to accepting children who would otherwise bounce from home to home in the foster care system. Adoption is a much more complicated issue than I can cover here, so it is important to conduct research and consult with your spouse and anyone else you know who has gone through the adoption process.

Do you want to grow your family by bringing in a child or children? If this is the case, you are most likely considering all of your options for becoming a parent. Of course, having your own biological children is the most common option, but there is also the option of adoption.

To be honest, I had never seriously considered adopting a child until recently. I've been married for many years and have had no trouble getting pregnant, so I assumed adoption was only for people who couldn't have biological children of their own. I am grateful to a friend who recently broadened my perspective.

I suppose it was ignorance that led me to believe that adoption was only a last resort for couples trying to start a family. Perhaps because I didn't know anyone who had adopted a child solely because they felt compelled to do so. That is, until I met Kate, my new friend.

Kate and her husband have been married for quite some time. They are, as far as they know, capable of parenting biological children, but they have decided to build their family through adoption. When Kate told me this over coffee one day, I couldn't help but ask why. Why would she and Mike go through the sometimes harrowing process of adoption when they could get pregnant naturally? And, more importantly, why would they subject themselves to the emotional trauma of adoption when they could simply have their own children?

Kate laughed and then began to explain the decision-making process she and Mike went through when deciding on adoption. She explained to me that they have simply become overwhelmed by the amount of need in the world, and that adoption is one small but significant way that they can contribute to making the world a better place. Kate and Mike believe that everyone can help to make the world a better place, and they are committed to adoption. They are committed to accepting children who would otherwise bounce from home to home in the foster care system and never be adopted.

Consider adoption if you want to do something wonderful for a child, your family, and the world. Of course, it's a much more complicated issue than I can cover here. Conduct some research and consult with your spouse and anyone else you know who has gone through the adoption process.

No comments:

Post a Comment